Sunday, January 25, 2009

Late-Night Rambling


It's late. I should really be in bed. I have to wake up early tomorrow. I'm already dreading it.


I'm posting this about 20 minutes before it's officially Monday.


Today I happened to catch the second half of Cast-Away, a movie that I've seen too many times. But it got me thinking how in the world he lasted four years alone on an island...well he wasn't that alone, I mean he did have a volleyball friend. I think I would last about 4 weeks if that. I wouldn't be able to crack the coconuts and I wouldn't be able to catch fish.


I would be screwed. I would need to find my own version of "Wilson." Maybe a rock or something...I need to put more thought into this...I mean you never know when you might find yourself deserted on an island...take note and watch Cast-Away and the Swiss family Robinson...those things are like "Surviving on an island for dummies book." Awesome.


"I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide might bring?"- Tom Hanks (Cast-Away)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, music is amazing in many ways. But what I also think is amazing is that when somebody says something (like your Cast-Away quote) and it can be taken completely inspirational. Maybe I just look for inspiration in all things. I don't know. But I found it uplifting.
    And Jason Mraz is probably one of the most amazing artists I have heard in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete